Our search is simple: Just type whatever comes to mind in the search box, hit Enter/Return or click the Search button. We'll search the database for content that's relevant. Most of the time, you'll find exactly what you're looking for, but if this is not the case, try some of the following tips:
- Every word matters. All of the words you put into the query will be used.
- Case is insensitive. A search for [ pelly ] is the same as a search for [ Pelly ].
- Punctuation is ignored. Characters such as @#$%^&*()=+\ and others will not be included.
- Keep it simple. If you're looking for a particular cccurrence, just enter its name. If you're looking for an occurrence in a particular
location, try its name and the name of the location.
- Start big, finish small. Each word you search for will narrow down the results,
so start with fewer terms. If you get too many results, use additional keywords to return less.
What do we search?
The specific fields from the YGSIDS that this tool searches include:
- Reference Title
- Reference Type
- Reference Document Type
- Reference Number
- Reference Authors
- Reference Keywords
- Occurrence Number
- Occurrence Name
- Occurrence Status
- Occurrence Commodity
- Occurrence Deposit
- Occurrence Alias
- Occurrence Work Types (Work History)
- Project Name
- Project Alias
- NTS - 250,000 mapsheets
- NTS - 50,000 mapsheets